SEO stands for search engine optimization.
It is a technique that is used to rank your website higher in organic search results. Basically, it makes your website more visible to those who are looking for what you are offering (products, services, or brands). When someone is searching via a search engine like Google, Yahoo, or Bing, SEO helps to bring your website to page one. Let’s face it we are all busy people and we live in a busy world so who has time to look past page one anymore. If you want to compete in today’s market no matter what your business niche is you need SEO to help your business stand out. Now that I have filled you in on the basics I think it is important to let you know what you should know when hiring an SEO company.
- Bigger Is Not Better – People sometimes make the mistake of thinking that the bigger the company the better they are. I do not recommend you using this philosophy when hiring someone to do SEO for your company. In this case, it is better to find the company you feel understands you and the goals you wish to achieve with your company. This is your baby and you wouldn’t hand your baby over to be cared for by just anybody.
- Do Your Research – We are talking about hiring someone to build your online presence if the company you are hiring doesn’t rank you may want to think about why that is. If the person who is vying for your business can’t rank their own company what makes you think that they can rank yours. Make sure you ask for references this is the best way to be sure of what you ae getting when you hire someone.
- Be Patient – DO NOT expect to be page one position one next week. This is not something that is achieved overnight and you are not going to win any points by being that pesky client that calls every other day wondering why they aren’t on page one yet when they started two days ago on page nine. SEO takes time and most of that is because search engines like Google can take weeks sometimes months to index what has been done to your site. So know that this endeavor will require at least a six-month commitment.
- Obey The Rules – This is something that is so important to find out. If something is too good to be true it probably is. I cannot stress how important it is that the company you hire plays by the rules. Google has publicly posted their best practices for webmasters in this they have listed twelve common tricks that are prohibited. So with that being said if your SEO company uses these tricks to quickly boost your company’s website to the top when and I do mean when Google finds out these practices have been used your site will be penalized and it will make it near impossible for you to ever rank higher than page nine or worse yet your site could be banned from search results altogether.
- Beware Of Cheap – Because most people do not know enough about SEO it is hard for them to understand what kind of time, effort, and tools that are put into pulling someone’s website from the depths of hell into the light of the first page. This also means most people are looking for the best deal. This is okay to some extent please do not go looking for the company that offers double coupons. If you are dealing with a reputable company that knows what they are doing you are going to have to pay for that if you are dealing with the person that says that they can put you on page one for a few hundred dollars just know your money is gone. This won’t happen if you refer to the Do Your Research section.
- Promises = Run – If you ask your newly hired SEO consultant if they can promise you the number one spot on Google in your business niche and the say anything that resembles yes, RUN. It is impossible for anyone to guarantee that because search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing make their own rules and quite frankly they are changing day to day sometimes so making a promise like this would be dishonest and if they cannot be upfront in this area you will definitely have problems down the road.
I could go on for days about what to look for when choosing an SEO company but these are the major things to look for. Today everything is done online so if you want to reach the largest amount of people possible you need an online presence and hiring an SEO company is essential to your company’s success.
WebDesign499, a national Web Design & SEO Agency based out of Wellington, FL, provides industry leading SEO services & solutions. As an east coast partner of Rising Phoenix SEO, WebDesign499 continues to dominate the West Palm Beach Web Design and West Palm Beach SEO markets. Having built more than 500 professional business websites for their clients and following it up with SERP-crushing Internet Marketing, Christopher Schwarz and the WebDesign499 team are the #1 premier service provider in the state of Florida. For more information, please visit WebDesign499.com or call (561) 506-0398. This company receives the Rising Phoenix SEO Gold Seal of Approval.